OurCards lets you share your deck with others that may want to purchase it, but a few clients have asked if there’s a way to copy an existing deck and use that as your starting point for a new deck. Here’s how!
Although it’s not really obvious, you can SHARE your deck with others AND with yourself. That will make a copy for you which you can use as a starting point for your next deck. Just follow these steps (we realize this is a bit fiddly, but it provides clients a way to copy their deck while we work through the issues related to changing the software for a more straightforward COPY DECK command):
- In your My Stuff page, find the deck you’d like to copy and click, SHARE A COPY
- In the subsequent window, enter the email address you use to access OurCards (be sure to hit the space bar after entering your email address; this will enable the red SHARE button at the bottom). Click that SHARE button
- OurCards will send you an email to notify you that the deck was shared with you.
- Go to your email box to open it. Note: There will be 2 emails from OurCards – one thanking you for sharing your deck with somebody else and another one congratulating you that someone has shared their deck with you. Since in this case you’re sharing your deck with yourself, you receive 2 emails. Open the email that Congratulates you.
- When the email opens, scroll down and click the GET DECK button. This will reopen OurCards and you should then see a copy of the deck in your My Stuff page
Now that you have a copy of the original, you should rename it (so you can distinguish between the 2 decks later on). That’s done by opening the deck (hit the EDIT button) and click the pencil in the Deck Title section of the ASSIGN PEOPLE page (below). After entering the new name, be sure to click the pencil again – that will save the edited name:
That’s it! Again, we realize this is a little bit fiddly, but it’s a way to allow people to copy their deck while the OurCards developers are able to work on additional functionality.