Although a deck includes 52 cards (plus 2 jokers), you don’t need to include a different person on every card. In fact, you don’t even need to include people on a card (a family pet is always a popular choice). The deck should reflect family members, important events, places, and more. Ideas to include on a card are:
- Repeat People: Many orders include 13 different people, across 4 different suits (13 * 4 = 52 cards). You can include different photographs or data points for the same person on different cards (e.g. spouse’s name, siblings names, “Factoids“, sayings, etc.). Check out our “Auto Assign” feature which lets you create a deck in minutes!
- Include Friends: Sometimes friends are as close as family members – you can include them into your deck too. In fact, we support extracting friends from Facebook to make it easy!
- Family Pets: A family dog or cat are often very important family members. Include a card to reflect their presence in your family.
- Family Events: Weddings, vacations, trips are all significant events in a family’s history. You can include cards that highlight those important events as well.
- Family Homes: Many memories are made around the kitchen table, playing catch in the back yard, or opening Christmas gifts under the tree. Include cards that celebrate those memories – they’ll mean a lot to the whole family.