Although a deck includes 52 cards (plus 2 jokers), you don’t need to include a different person on every card. In fact, you don’t even need to include people on a card (a family pet is always a popular choice). The deck should reflect family members, important events, places, and more. Ideas to include on a card are:
- Repeat People: Many orders include 13 different people, across 4 different suits (13 * 4 = 52 cards). You can include different photographs or data points for the same person on different cards (e.g. spouse’s name, siblings names, “Factoids“, sayings, etc.).
- Include Friends: Sometimes friends are as close as family members – you can include them into your deck too. In fact, we support extracting friends from Facebook to make it easy!
- Family Pets: A family dog or cat are often very important family members. Include a card to reflect their presence in your family.
- Family Homes: Many memories are made around the kitchen table, playing catch in the back yard, or opening Christmas gifts under the tree. Include cards that celebrate those memories – they’ll mean a lot to the whole family.
- Family Events: Weddings, vacations, trips are all significant events in a family’s history. You can include cards that highlight those important events as well.